Static clings are a type of sticker that holds firmly to most smooth surfaces without using adhesive.
They are made from thin, white vinyl which naturally adheres to glass and other smooth surfaces. Use static clings for branding windows or any other clean, non-porous surface.
Static clings can be peeled off and reapplied multiple times. This makes static clings great for seasonal or temporary uses, while still being durable enough for permanent use.
Clings are best indoors. They can be used outdoors but the following conditions will reduce their lifespan:
- high humidity
- temperatures below - 7°C (20°F) or above +93°C (200°F)
Static clings work best on:
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA), also known as acrylic, acrylic glass, or plexiglass
- Laminated glossy plastic (ex. whiteboard)
- Some metals
They don't cling to:
- Stainless steel refrigerators
- Matte plastic
- Textured plastic
- Laminated wood
- Polystyrene, commonly known as EPS or Styrofoam