Do you want to know how you can redesign your home on a budget? The answer is wall graphics and stickers! Wait, I can use wall stickers to decorate my home? Yes, you can! With the right kind of stickers, you don’t even have to worry about damaging your walls!
So if you’re thinking of a cost-effective way to redecorate your home, read on...
What are the different types of wall stickers I can use for my house?
Before we start interior decorating, let’s learn more about the different types of wall art stickers you can use in your home:
- Mirror decals or front adhesive stickers: As the name suggests, the sticky part is on the front of the sticker. This allows you to stick it on surfaces like windows so its design can be seen on the outside.
- Mirror wall stickers: Also known as mirror clings, these stickers have a self-clinging white vinyl. Yup, you read that right! They don’t need adhesive to apply to your mirror. They're your best bet for reusing and repositioning!
- Wall art stickers or decals: Made from a self-adhesive fabric, this type of sticker is removable. The premium vinyl has a fabric-like textured finish that diffuses light and matches the texture of your wall.
- Holographic stickers: Funky rainbow effects that change with light? Holographic stickers are here to jazz up any boring room.
What is the difference between wall stickers and wall decals?
Though both are decorations you can stick on your wall, they can also mean something different.
According to some decorators, wall decals can mean a lot of things. It’s basically any decoration you can put up on your wall, including wall graphics or non-adhesive decors. Wall art stickers, on the other hand, are very straightforward. They usually refer to back adhesive stickers.
Suppliers may call these by different names too. When you’re going to your hardware store or checking out wall decals online, make sure to read the fine print below the pretty graphics. Read that description before hitting that “Add to cart” button!
When can you use wall stickers for your home?
Aside from times when you want to redecorate your home, when can you use and reuse decorative stickers? What are the different occasions when you can use wall decor stickers?
- Birthday parties: You can create customized party decors, goodie bags, place cards, and invitation cards with stickers!
- Halloween: Decorating your house for Halloween has never been easier! If you’re having a party or you plan to entertain trick-or-treaters, mirror or glass cling-type stickers will show passersby that your house is in the mood to treat!
- Thanksgiving: Hosting a thanksgiving feast? Make it more festive with stickers and customized coasters or party favors.
- Valentines Day: Planning a surprise or a romantic dinner? Decorate your home with Vday-themed stickers and wall decals!
- Baby shower: Throwing baby showers at home is all the rage now! A no-fuss, customized decor would be stickers and mirror clings!
- Wedding parties: A bridal shower or the wedding party itself becomes more memorable if it’s personalized, right? The good thing is you can decorate your home or the venue of your party with photo or face stickers, name tags, and other customizable party favors.
How do you use wall stickers for every room in the house?
There’s an opportunity to create personalized, DIY stickers, decals for the rooms in your house. Take a look at these examples.
As a place of relaxation, your bedroom decal should be soothing. Don’t forget that it’s also the first thing you see every morning so an inspirational design (a wall art quote, perhaps?) is not a bad idea either.
While the design of your kids’ room should go harmoniously with other parts of the house, bear in mind that you must also ask them what kind of wall stickers they want to have. It’s their room, after all!
Creating wall stickers for your boy and girl’s rooms - and sticking them too, of course - can be a fun weekend activity for the fam bam! (Pro tip: Sticker Mule’s wall decals for kid’s rooms are stain-proof and kid-friendly!)
Aren’t you tired of the same old, same old living room decor? Using customized wall decals for your living room is one way to stand out! You can even decorate your living area with personalized photos or face stickers of your household!
Bathroom wall stickers are a fun way to organize shared bathrooms. If you have kids or pets, it’s also an easy way to make bath time a fun time! The best part is, stickers are water-resistant and easy to apply!
Aside from wall graphics in the dining room, another way to personalize this area is to create customized coasters and placemats.
Ah, the kitchen! This is one place where you can use stickers, magnets, and other labeling products not just to redecorate but also to reorganize your stuff.
Another way to give your kitchen a personal touch is to have customized fridge magnets where you can show photos of your trips or other special occasions in your lives.
Wall stickers inspiration and examples
If you’re running out of ideas, here are some tried-and-tested house decors using stickers and other wall graphics:
Wall stickers for the bedroom
Your space, your rules, your style. Express yourself with bedroom wall stickers and decors.
Personalized photo wall stickers
Nothing says better than “we own this place” than a personalized photo wall!
Shower wall stickers
The good thing about stickers made specifically for bathrooms is that it’s so easy to rub-a-dub-dub those on walls, mirrors, and tiles!
Inspirational wall art stickers
Motivate yourself with wall art stickers! And if you use the right type of stickers like vinyl, you can keep changing your message and keep being inspired.
Are wall stickers safe for the home?
A common concern of homeowners trying to DIY their home decor with stickers is -- Do wall stickers damage walls? The answer is no if you use the right type of stickers.
For example, it’s safe to use static clings on mirrors and glass surfaces. They’re also easily removable. You can also use vinyl wall graphics which are made from a special self-adhesive material that can stick onto several surfaces without damaging them, including:
- Painted wall
- Laminated wood
- Other smooth surfaces
Can wall stickers be removed easily?
How do you get stickers off walls without removing paint? So if you have opted to use the regular, back or front adhesive stickers, you may be wondering how to remove wall stickers without damaging your walls.
After peeling them off, you may be left with some pesky, sticky residue. There’s several ways to remove them, including the use of rubbing alcohol and nail polish remover. You can also read our guide here on how to remove sticker residue.
How do you make wall stickers at home?
Okay, so you’re convinced. You should use stickers to redecorate your home. Is there a way to DIY? You’ve come to the right place! We’re going to tell you now how to create these home stickers without the use of printers and other materials! All you need is your laptop.
Step 1: Create a design
You have total control of your decor if you design it yourself. The next step would be to upload your design to Sticker Mule.
Step 2: Choose a format or product
When you upload your design, you have to choose which product you are printing your design onto. Do you want vinyl lettering? A holographic sticker? A static cling? You can check out the different options for customized stickers here.
Step 3: Order your stickers or decals
After uploading your design, you can receive a sample to see how it looks like. If you’re happy with it, you can choose the quantity and size of your stickers.
Then, after payment, you’re done! They will be shipped to you within four working days!
Why is it better to create customized stickers than download templates?
This really depends on your confidence as a designer. You have more freedom to personalize your decals with your photos or name if you make your own.
However, if you don’t have the time nor the skills to design your own wall stickers and decals, you can search on websites like Etsy. You can also download designs from websites like Canva then print them using our services here at Sticker Mule.
Are you ready to give it a try?