We're excited to introduce static clings here at Sticker Mule. Our custom static clings are designed to firmly hold to any glass surface without using adhesive. This makes static clings a great option for temporary or seasonal designs, yet still practical for more permanent uses.
What are decorative static clings?
Static clings are made from a premium vinyl, and intended for use both indoors or outdoors. They make great window displays, and because every static cling is reversible, you can cling your designs to the outside or inside of any window.
What are they used for?
Use custom static clings to display temporary promotions, holiday opening hours, or in vehicles for parking permits and membership badges.
It is a type of removable window sticker that holds onto glass without using any adhesive. This way, you can easily remove the cling to reposition it, or reuse it again and again.
You can use static clings for:
- Office decor
- Store seasonal designs
- Store promotional materials
- Party decor
What are the qualities of static clings?
Here are just some of the reasons why static clings make great decors:
- Both front and back sides are sticky. This way, you can stick them from inside the window and never lose them.
- They are reusable. Say you’re using static clings as decor for an event like Halloween. You can simply stick them on, take them off, keep it until next year, then stick them on again!
- They are easy to stick! No need for glue or any other type of adhesive. You simply stick them on to the glass surface and that’s it!
- They are easy to remove and don’t leave residue behind. The problem with window stickers is that they can leave some of the adhesive residue behind. Static clings, on the other hand, leaves no trace at all. Since they don’t require tapes or any other sticky material, you just need to peel them off.
Static clings vs. window stickers
One of the most common questions is what makes static clings better or different than a regular window sticker. Before we answer that, let’s first explore the different types of window or glass decals.
What are the different types of window decals?
We can classify glass window decals or decorations based on how it sticks on the surface and the type of material used for the design.
- Transfer stickers: Custom transfer stickers make it easy to apply the most intricate designs. They are durable and ideal for indoor or outdoor use.
- Front adhesive stickers: These window decals are sticky on the front of your design for use on the inside of a window. Ideal for shop fronts, businesses and membership or tourism logos.
- Die cut stickers: Thick, durable vinyl protects your stickers from scratches, water & sunlight.
- Clear stickers: Custom clear stickers are printed with white ink behind your design to preserve opacity. Perfect for windows, bottles, as product labels or just to give your stickers a unique look.
- Static cling window film: As a window decal that doesn’t need adhesive, static cling window films are larger than static cling signages. Window films can cover the whole windows and are perfect for floor to ceiling glasses.
What is better? Static clings or window stickers?
Static cling window films or signages are better for promotions or seasonal designs because they can be easily removed and reused again. On the other hand, for a more durable and more permanent solution, window stickers that use adhesive are a better option. This applies to your store or office’s name and other permanent decors.
How to get rid of stickers off glass?
To get rid of stickers off glass, you first need to identify what type of window decal you have used.
Is window film removable?
If your window film doesn’t use or doesn’t contain adhesive (that sticky, glue-like substance) then you can easily peel them off without leaving any residue.
However, if your window film uses adhesive, making them extra clingy, you need more muscle to remove them. It is possible to remove them by force but it can leave residue behind which you can peel off with a window cleaner or alcohol.
How long do window films last?
This depends on what substance is used to make the window film stick. If it uses an adhesive, which can be more permanent compared to static clings, it can stick on your glass window for up to 20 years.
Of course, there are several factors that affect the stickiness of window films, such as the temperature and humidity where it’s exposed, etc.
How long do static clings stick?
Typically, static clings can hold onto a glass surface for up to six months. Because they do not use adhesive to stick, they naturally do not last longer compared to other window or glass decals.
In six months, static clings tend to pick up dirt and grease, which makes them lose their suction and ability to stick on the surface to which they are attached.
How to get rid of window sticker residue?
To get rid of that icky window sticker residue, you can use these several substances that can help you wipe them off the surface:
- Window cleaner
- Rubbing alcohol
- Nail polish remover or acetone
- Cooking oil
Just be sure to clean the glass afterwards with warm dishwashing soap and water! You don’t want it smelling like a kitchen top now, would you?
Similarly, you can also use ice that you can hold over the sticker, before using a razor blade to peel off the residue. Be mindful not to scratch the glass.
An alternative is masking tape. Just use the sticky side to lift off the residue adhesive from the glass surface and voila! Those pesky clingy bits are gone!
How do you customize static clings for windows?
It only takes a couple of minutes to order custom static clings, especially here at Sticker Mule.
Step 1: Create your design. The recommended dimensions of the designs should be:
- 2" x 2"
- 3" x 3"
- 4" x 4"
- 5" x 5"
Step 2: Complete your order. And don’t forget to select how many pieces you want to order! You can order a minimum of 10 pieces for your static clings!
Step 3: Receive your free proof so you can see what they'll look like in real life.
Step 4: Feel free to coordinate with us if you want to amend your design or quantity of order.
Where do you order customized static clings?
You can order decorative static clings at department stores that usually have them for sale during special occasions. Hardware stores can even carry industrial-sized static clings. However, these are pre-made static clings and you cannot dictate the design.
If you have a business or an office you want to decorate with branded static clings, it’s only proper that you use personalized ones. You don’t want to be seen using the same design as your competitor, right? (That would confuse customers too!)
To order customized static clings, select the size and quantity on our page and upload your design. You can get a proof or sample within hours and if you’re happy with it, we'll get your static clings to you fast, with free worldwide shipping.
Are you ready to get your first static cling?